Info & Directions
About Camp McDowell
Camp McDowell is the camp and conference center in the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama. Since it was established in Winston County in 1947, it has served the Episcopal Church by welcoming guests of all races, traditions, and abilities. Upon the completion of Bethany Village we became the largest Episcopal camp and conference center in the United States, with approximately 770 beds. Camp McDowell excels in many areas, including our summer camps on Clear Creek and Bethany Village, the Conference Center, McDowell Environmental Center, McDowell Farm School, and the Alabama Folk School.
Situated on 1,140 acres of fields and forests with miles of trails winding through beautiful sandstone canyons with waterfalls, Camp McDowell is the perfect place to relax and build community with your school, church group, organization, or business. All people and traditions are welcomed with love and joy.
Camp McDowell is located just over an hour northwest of Birmingham, about two hours southwest of Huntsville, two and a half hours northwest of Montgomery, and about two hours east of Columbus and Tupelo, Mississippi. We are found at mile marker 13, north of Jasper, on Highway 195.
105 Delong Rd.
Nauvoo, AL 35578
From Birmingham & Montgomery
- Take I-65 North in Birmingham.
- Take exit toward I-22, continue on I-22 until exit 63.
- Take exit 63 for AL-269 toward Jasper/Parrish.
- Turn right at second light onto 18th St, then immediately turn left onto 9th Ave.
- Continue straight on AL-195 for approximately 15 miles until mile marker 13, then turn right into Camp McDowell.
- Take I-65 South to Cullman;
- Take U.S. 278 West to Double Springs.
- Take Highway 195 South to Camp McDowell, about 10 miles (at the 13 mile marker).
- Take Highway 69 North to Jasper.
- Take Highway 195 North to Camp McDowell, about 15 miles (13 mile marker).
From the Shoals
- Take Highway 43 South from Florence to Russellville;
- Take 243 from Russellville until that road ends then take Highway 195 South to Double Springs;
- Continue on Highway 195 South, about 10 miles to Camp McDowell (13 mile marker).